Shifting your office is always a big duty to perform. It is a complex task which might turn into an expensive job if you don’t do it properly and carefully. Your office equipment might get damaged and you might have to bear the cost of replacement or repair. Businesses try moving their office supplies such as electronics and computers with other office equipment which needs to be avoided. The job of moving your office must be offered to qualified and skilled computer equipment moving companies in New Zealand. They know the basics of packing and moving your computers and will do the right thing to prevent any mishap from happening.
Tips To Move Small Items:
Never attempt to do the physical work all by yourself or by using the help of your employees since it might result in muscle contractions. Leave it to the professionals to move your office supplies. You can do your part by asking your employees to remove their desk contents and pack them in marked cartons. Your employees can share cartons to save space. Place office files in designated cartons to help make sure they don’t get broken up during the move. Remove the books from the cabinets or bookcase and pack them separately. Do not allow all employees to involve with the movers on the day of moving. Allot a coordinator for the work to avoid unnecessary issues. Upgrade some equipment that is too old. Take a list of the things you have to move and what you don’t need.
Precautions To Be Taken While Moving Computers:
Before you shift your computers, you should take note of the precautions below to make sure your computer equipment is in safe hands.
- Computer hardware including servers, printers, monitors need to be wrapped up with heavy-gauge, anti-static bubble wrap.
- You need to tag or label the cords by using a masking tape that illustrates the function of the plug and the place where it needs to be plugged. Tie the cords and keep them in a plastic bag or a safe container. Make sure to place them with your computer for identification purposes.
- Place all the equipment in boxes or carts specialized for this purpose. Fill up the empty spaces using Styrofoam to avoid any movement and wrap them strongly. Pack the scanner, printer, and other equipment in the same manner, making sure no computer equipment can move out of place during transit.
- Mark the sides with THIS SIDE UP with an indicator pointing the direction and also write FRAGILE on top.
- Load the computer equipment with the help of trained movers in Auckland to make sure it is transported smoothly.
Recycle Old Items:
You might also have some old computer equipment that is non-operational. Those old computers might be having information that is sensitive hence you cannot just chuck it to the bins. You might not want to go through the hassle of moving it to your new location and then destroying it. You can pick the best moving services in Auckland that offers decommissioning service for outdated technology. They help in drilling your old hard disks or provide double-swipe removal of data methods to wipe everything out from your old hardware. This way, your office information is never in danger after the disposal process is completed. On the other hand, the best movers in Auckland might also send your old computer equipment to a nearby recycling facility to get it recycled.
The finest office movers in Auckland will perform their job; however, you need to make sure there is no time wasted in the process. You might miss a few hours or efficiency for work, though you won’t be missing entire days. Ensure that your new office has internet, electricity and all basic needs. Make sure the staff is well informed about returning to work immediately as soon as the moving and setting up process is over.
You should go for the Cheap Movers Auckland like CBD Movers who make use of the latest technology. They offer extensive guidance to their team, which comprises of the best people for the job.